While we’ve touted the 787 Dreamliner as being 20 percent more fuel efficient than other airplanes its size, we always knew the proof would be in the actual performance. Thanks to our launch customer ANA, we now have the numbers to back us up.
The airline just released stats showing their 787s have saved them 21 percent in fuel per flight compared to a 767. To put it in other terms, the savings equates to the fuel used for their Tokyo to Frankfurt route over an entire month. That’s huge to the airline’s bottom line.
But we’re not just beating our customer’s expectations. We’re also exceeding passenger expectations. A survey of nearly 800 ANA passengers flying long-haul on the Dreamliner between Tokyo and Frankfurt yielded the following results:
• Nine out of 10 passengers said their overall experience met or exceeded expectations
• Four out of five said the higher humidity levels met or exceeded expectations
• 92 percent said cabin ambience was as good as or better than they expected
• Air quality and cabin pressure met or exceeded expectations for nine out of 10
• Cabin lighting exceeded expectations for 90 percent of passengers
• Smoothness of the flight was as good as or better than expected for 87 percent
And if you needed more proof that the 787 is one of the most highly anticipated airplanes in aviation history, keep in mind that the survey also found four out of 10 passengers chose their flight simply because they wanted to fly on the Dreamliner.
As the 787 Dream Tour came to a close last week, one thing was for certain. The reaction the airplane received at every stop around the world was overwhelming. We can’t wait to see how our other customers and their passengers feel about the airplane.